- 115g butter (plus extra for greasing the pan) softened.
- 175g plain flour.
- 55g Skinny Sugar White.
- The rind of half an orange finely grated (Optional).
- 175g butter.
- 115g Skinny Sugar Raw.
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup.
- 400g tin of condensed milk.
- 200g plain chocolate.
- 1 tsp butter.
- 1tbsp milk.
- Grease and line the bottom of a 23cm (9 inch) shallow square tin.
- Place the butter, flour, skinny sugar and orange rind in a food processor and blend until the just start to bind together.
- Press into the pan and level the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180C for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden.
- While this is baking you need to make the caramel.
- Place the butter, Skinny Sugar, syrup and condensed milk into a heavy based saucepan. Heat gently until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined. Bring to the boil and then immediately reduce the heat to simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the mixture is very think. You must stir constantly to ensure the sugar does not burn. This will make all the difference.
- Pour over the cooked shortbread and leave to cool . the caramel will become firm. If you love caramel now is the time to fight over who gets to lick the spoon that scraps out the leftover. Try not to burn your tongue the caramel retains the heat….enjoy.
- Now place the chocolate, butter and milk in a double boiler (large pot on stove with 2 inches of boiling water with the ingredients in a smaller top that sits over the top). Stir occasionally while the chocolate melts and the ingredients combine. When combined pour over the cooled caramel. When everything is cold slice and eat!